Accidents happen. We know better than anyone that while our customers always take the best care of our equipment it sometimes isn’t enough! We want you to have the ease of mind that you are covered so that you can focus on getting your projects done! With this, we wanted to implement a low cost solution that protects you and your company against any damage or breakdowns that you might have during your rental period!
We’ve got you covered!
What does it cost?
- 10% of your rental rate. Simple and clean.
What is covered?
- Accidental Damage: Covers unforeseen damage during normal use.
- Repair and Replacement: Includes repair costs or replacement if repair is unfeasible.
- Vandalism: Covered when the equipment is properly secured.
- Weather: Covered against natural disasters if the equipment is properly secured.
- Equipment and Tools: Covers damage or repairs to the items being rented only. This is not insurance.
What isn’t covered?
- Misuse and Neglect: Damage due to improper use or neglect.
- Transportation: Losses occurred during transportation unless done by a professional.
- Violation of Rental Agreement: Damage from breach of agreement terms is not covered.
- Theft: Lost or stolen equipment is not covered, make sure you are insured!
What do I need to do if something happens?
- Immediate Notification: Report damage and return equipment to Rencon promptly.
- Cooperation in Investigation: Customers must cooperate in damage investigations.
- Inspection Rights: Rencon Rentals can inspect damaged equipment.
What is the catch?
In the case of something happening, your liability is limited to a very small deductible on this claim.
- Equipment: $1,000
- Small Repairs and Tools: $100
What happens if I don’t purchase the RPP?
By opting out of the RPP, you accept full liability for any damages or loss to the rented equipment or tools. In such cases, Rencon Rentals reserves the right to charge the provided credit card or pursue collections for the full cost of repairs, replacement, or FMV of the equipment. This may even include rental time while the repair is being done.
Rental Protection Plan (RPP) Terms & Conditions
The Rental Protection Plan (RPP) is an optional program designed to reduce the financial impact on customers in the event of loss, damage, or destruction of rented equipment. It is important to note that the RPP is not an insurance policy but a contractual modification of the customer’s liabilities under the terms of the rental agreement.
1. Financial Coverage:
• Loss of Equipment: Limits customer liability to 10% of the equipment's Fair Market Value (FMV), with a maximum of $1,000 per piece.
• Repair Costs: Caps customer liability for repair costs at 10% of the repair charges, up to $1,000 per equipment piece.
• Tire Repairs: Charges beyond $50 per tire for tire repairs are covered.
• Rental Charges Waiver: No rental charges are levied during the period when damaged or lost equipment is being repaired or replaced.
2. Conditions for Applicability:
• The RPP must be accepted prior to the rental agreement.
• The RPP fee, equivalent to 10% of the gross rental charges, must be paid.
• Full compliance with the rental contract is required.
• The customer's account must be current at the time of loss or damage.
• The plan's benefits apply per equipment piece, per incident.
• The RPP does not cover losses from intentional misuse, failure to report lost equipment within 48 hours, any damage that occurs during improper transportation or for equipment pieces not charged the RPP fee.
• Losses or damages resulting from the Renter's failure to follow the terms and conditions of the standard rental agreement are excluded from the RPP coverage.
• Additionally, any damage or loss arising from the Renter's failure to adhere to the equipment owner’s manual use instructions is not covered under the RPP.
• These exclusions remain the customer’s responsibility.
4. Non-Insurance Clause:
• The RPP does not cover liability for injuries or property damage related to the use of the equipment.
5. Recovery & Ownership:
• If lost equipment is later recovered, Rencon retains ownership regardless of any payment made by the customer or their insurance for the lost equipment.
• The customer is required to return any recovered equipment.
6. Subrogation Rights:
• Rencon is subrogated to the customer's rights to recover from any loss, theft, damage, or destruction of the equipment.